Sunday, January 16, 2011

There's no charge for looking.

We are officially in Chiang Mai. It is beautiful here with temperatures in the 70's. The smell reminds me of when we were in India, less Calcutta and more Lucknow. Sort of like the smell of burning tires and other foreign smells that I actually don't mind. It's sort comforting and nostalgic.

The hotel is very nice... the shower was even nicer.

We spent a couple of hours at the Night Bazaar which is enormous. Every vendor and shop owner lures you in with special deals and some of them succeeded in convincing us. We barely even saw a quarter of it and hope to return again to see more.



This note is pretty disjointed and I am keeping this short because I am completely knackered. I was going to include some pictures but I'll have to do it later.

We leave for the Elephant Nature Park tomorrow morning.