Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dirty girl

I am reporting all times in Thailand time zone which is 12 hours ahead of our EST.   I was mistaken about Korea and Thailand being in the same time zone.

It is 12:30 a.m. and I am barely awake.

We are now in Bangkok.  I have a joke I want to say here, but it is dirty and my children will be reading this.  But if you want to hear it, just email me and I will gladly tell you.  I make myself laugh every time I tell it to me.

I am functioning on 3 hours of sleep since January 13 (7:00 a.m.) and am beginning to feel it.  Thusrdayfridaysaturdaysunday seem to have run into each other with no beginning or end.  4 1/2 more hours until our next flight and final destination.  When we arrive at the Orchid Hotel in Chiang Mai (at 7:00 a.m.), I am going to shower!!  The we will go to the Night Bazaar and street galleries and get as much of the culture and shopping as we can.  When we get back to the hotel, I will shower again, just because I can.

The Elephant Nature Park volunteer services will be picking us up on Monday 1/17/2011, 8 a.m. sharp.

BTW, skype is awesome... when you have a reliable microphone.



They do not hear you better if you shout louder.  And who knew a laptop could become a really big cell phone when you accidentally lose yours?

Sabine is sleeping on airport floor next to me.  We are pretty exhausted.  Did I tell mention that we could both really use a shower?